Redeem a gift card - new users
- When you open the app for the first time, you will be presented with our introductory walk-through. Continue until the screen titled “Poesie Membership."
- On the membership screen, tap the button labeled “Already purchased or created an account?” You may need to scroll down to see it, depending on the size of your phone.
- Enter the Username and Password provided by your gift card and tap “Continue.” Your subscription is now active!
redeem a gift card - existing users
- Visit the Settings page in your Profile tab. (For instructions, see: Edit Account Information)
- In the Subscription section, tap the row labeled "Register."
- In the screen that pops up, tap the button that says "Already purchased or created an account? Tap here to activate."
- Enter the username and password provided on your gift card. Since you are redeeming a gift card, you can safely ignore the warning message; just tap Continue.
- The subscription will be applied to your existing account.
Edit account information
log back into an account
If you are re-installing the app, you can log back into your old account provided you have set a username/password.
- Visit the Account Settings page.
- Tap the button labeled "Tap to set a username."
- Note: If you are currently logged in with a username, this button will say "Update username". If you want to continue, you will need to log out of the current account. The "log out" button at the bottom of the settings.
- Enter the Username and Password from your old account.
- Once you recover your account, you'll have all your old favorites and original poems available.
recover a forgotten password
In order to recover your password, you must have set a recovery e-mail. We encourage all members to do this!
- Send us an email to email@example.com with the subject "password recovery."
- We'll send a temporary password to the recovery email associated with that account.
- Once you use the temporary password to log in, make sure to update your password.
restore an existing purchase
If you've purchased a subscription, but it is not active on your Poesie app, please try these steps to re-activate the purchase:
- Open your Profile Settings page by visiting the right-most tab (My Profile) and tapping the settings button in the upper-right corner.
- Bring up the subscription prompt by scrolling down to the Subscription section and tapping "Register".
- Tap the button labeled "Already purchased or created an account?"
- Scroll down, and tap the button "Tap here to activate a previous purchase on your phone.
Still not working? Please confirm that the App Store registered your purchase (Instructions: Open your iPhone settings, tap your name, and then tap Subscriptions). And then send us an e-mail!